Ready Your School
The Masters of Disaster® is an American Red Cross curriculum centered on a series of ready-to-go lesson plans that help organizations educate youth about important disaster safety and preparedness information.
The Masters of Disaster curriculum materials meet national educational standards and are specifically tailored for lower elementary (K–2), upper elementary (3–5) and middle school (6–8) classes.
Utah's outstanding Masters of Disaster® educators
- Allison St. Louis, Whittier Elementary, West Valley City
- Kamie DeMille, Entheos Academy, Kearns
- Felicia Bedwell, MarLon Hills Elementary, Ogden
- Shawnae Aiu, Chris Kirkham, Katie Merrill, Priscilla Stringfellow and Amy Stephenson, Legacy Preparatory Academy, North Salt Lake
- Kathy McCoy, East Elementary, Roosevelt
- Becky Soelberg, Bacchus Elementary, Kearns
- Ann Olsen, Shadow Valley Elementary, Ogden
- Malia Allsop, Early Light Academy, South Jordan
- Lynn Paquin, Spectrum Academy, North Salt Lake
- Patricia Washington, Heritage Elementary, Ogden
- Ryan Fink, Highland Junior High School, Ogden
- Alzina Barnhill and Kristi Shelley, Cook Elementary, Syracuse
- Jacqueline Morasco, Bryant Middle School, Salt Lake City
- Kathy McCoy, Whittier Elementary, West Valley City
- Rayna Rogerson, Butler Middle, Cottonwood Heights
- Sharlene Wardrop, Crescent View Middle, Sandy
- Denice Cooper, Indian Hills Middle, Sandy
- Amanda Hodges, Fox Hollow Elementary, Lehi
- Serina Russell, Scera Park Elementary, Orem (whole school)
- Matt Ottersteom, Entheos Academy, Magna (whole school)
- Heidi Perry, Oakgrove School, Ogden
- Tami Pandoff, King Elementary, Layton
Be Ready Utah's 'Ready Your School' focuses on preparing students and schools for potential emergencies and disasters. This preparation includes the most essential elements including a plan and emergency supplies.
Ready Your School also provides you with information about the natural hazards we have in Utah so you can be informed about the potential risks and dangers involved with each one.
Ready Your School also has information on how you can volunteer and share your desire to help others be ready.
Emergencies and disasters can strike at unexpected moments and it's important to take the time now to do some simple things that will help ensure your schoolis prepared for any type of emergency.