Make a Plan: Business
It is very important to make a Business Continuity Plan. Each business is different. One plan cannot work for another. The following 15 areas of building a Business Continuity Plan will provide tools and resources to help you build your plan.
Build a Business Continuity Plan: Follow the links to each of the 15 points of Business Continuity Planning and use the tools and resources in each to help you build your own Business Continuity Plan.
Contact Us: If you have questions, desire a consultation, or want a presentation or in person training, please contact the State Be Ready Business Program Lead by emailing BeReadyUtah@utah.gov.
- Be Ready Business Continuity Planning Toolkit – Google Drive with word document templates to download.
- Overview of US Regulations Pertaining to Business Continuity
- BCM Legislations, Regulations, Standards and Good Practice
Examples of a BCP
- Business Continuity Self Assessment Checklist
- Resilience in a Box: U.S. Chamber – Free guide
- Small Business Resilience Toolkit: Facebook – Free guides near bottom of their page
- PrepareMyBusiness.org – Free templates
- FEMA’s Business Continuity Planning Suite
- Open For Business (OFB)-EZ toolkit is focused on business continuity and organized functionally.
- EZ-PREP is focused on emergency preparation and response, and organized chronologically.
- InterCEP Recovery Resources
15 Points of Business Continuity Planning
Presenters / consultants / technical support / etc.
Find a subject matter expert for any of the business continuity planning principles.
Are You an Expert?
Self identify to get on the expert list.
Let others know if you can present or consult on any of the business continuity planning principles.
Stories: Businesses in Disasters
“They Hoped it Would Never Happen”
Stories of the private sector impacted by disaster. Those who had a plan and those who did not, and how that impacted their resilience.
Private Sector Preparedness Council
A Private Sector Preparedness Council (PSPC) helps connect the community's private sector to emergency preparedness principles and practices.
Private Sector Preparedness Councils
Online Business Continuity Planning Training
Be Ready Business Recognition Program
The Business Continuity Planning tools or the Online BCP Training will help you fulfill the requirements for being recognized as a prepared business. See the requirements and what you get in return.
Be Ready Business Recognition
Organizations Preparing for Emergency Needs (O.P.E.N.) Training
OPEN teaches 10 preparedness actions to help your organization remain OPEN. OPEN includes both a web-based, self-guided training, and a downloadable instructor kit that will guide participants on how to identify risks, locate resources, and take preparedness actions.
Build a workforce that knows how to respond in a disaster. The Workplace Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Starter Guide will help you. See the CERT Website to learn more about CERT.
Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)